Short-term sabbaticals in beautiful places.
Relax, recharge & explore in exchange for your creative services.
Amble provides one-month stays in beautiful places across the USA.
We partner with nonprofits, conservancies, and small towns to provide affordable and unique lodging to top-notch creative professionals in exchange for their skills and expertise.
Who we're looking for
Visual Designers & Illustrators
- UX Designers & Strategists
- Content Strategists & Copywriters
- Marketing & Communications Strategists
- Photographers & Videographers
- Project Managers & Producers
- Business Strategists & Operations
- Web Developers
do you have other skills not listed?
Email us and let us know—we're still happy to consider you.
What we offer
- Flex your creative muscles and apply your skills & expertise in a new way.
- Gain confidence, new experiences and projects you can add to your portfolio.
- Lead a project from start to finish and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Support mission-driven nonprofit organizations who otherwise have limited access to creative resources.
- Work on meaningful and exciting projects with project stakeholders.
- Directly support and impact the community and physical environment around you.
- If you're an employer, this is an opportunity to offer a unique benefit to help attract and retain good talent.
- Avoid employee burnout and frustration of the hiring process by offering an alternative.
- Provide Amble as an option for employees to use within their educational and professional development budget.
- Extended stays in unique or exclusive lodging located in beautiful places.
- Get an authentic view into each destination—the region, the community, and culture.
- A built-in community—access to people who love and live in each place, and who can provide insider tips on things to do and explore.
Work with purpose.
Amble supports you in setting goals, milestones and outcomes with each community host while ensuring a majority of your time is for your sabbatical.
Your project efforts may look like this:
WEEK 1: Discovery Phase
WEEK 2 & 3: Project Work Time
Week 4: Feedback, Tweaks & Final Hand-off
expectations & Deliverables
The time creating work for your community host should account for around 1/3 of your time. The remaining time should be used however you wish, with the goal of this being a time to recharge and explore. Since every project is unique, we will work with you and the community host to establish expectations around time and deliverables.
Accommodations & Rates
Each sabbatical experience is unique and each of our partners are able to provide one-of-a-kind, exclusive and affordable accommodations.
Whether a cabin or a vacation rental, all of our lodging is outfitted with a bed, bed linens, kitchen, and a bathroom. Each space and experience is unique so we encourage you to visit our Upcoming Sabbaticals page to learn more about specific accommodations and rates.
Because your best ideas come
when you take time away.
There's a whole big world out there—get out and explore it! Many of us spend most of our days working, inside at our computers, and daydreaming about the places we'd rather be. Amble offers the benefits of travel – perspective, inspiration and new experiences – while also providing professional development. This experience allows you to hone your craft, work on purpose-driven projects and flex your creative muscles in new ways.
And it might just unlock your next big idea.
Amble provides lodging for one full-month at a fraction of the cost. Transportation and food are not included.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
We are unable to provide refunds once payment is processed. In the event of conditions outside of our control, which make locations unsafe or inaccessible (i.e weather or natural occurrences), we can provide reimbursements or credit to book a sabbatical at a later date.